Looking to get started in the audio publishing industry? A great way to start is to take a class:
- Deyan Institute of Voice Artistry and Technology (Los Angeles area onsite training)
Many regularly working audiobook narrators now have home studios where they record – this requires a specially built noise-free environment, specific computer software such as ProTools, a high quality microphone and comfort in dealing with digital audio files.
For a more complete guide of information about becoming an audiobook narrator please download our Narrators Guide.
Our member publishers encourage you to submit your title via an agent.
Want to produce and distribute your title yourself? Here are a few resources to get you started.
5 Reasons Audiobook Sales Are Booming And How You Can Be Part Of This Growth
15 Top Tips For Self-Publishing An Audiobook
Members who can help you distribute your title:
Studio and Production members who can help you record your title:
- ACX (Newark, NJ)
- Airbending Media (Clifton, VA)
- Anansi Audio (Kirkland, WA)
- The Audio Flow (Portage, IN)
- Bee Audio (Ashland, OR)
- Blunder Woman Productions (East Grand Rapids, MI)
- Brick Shop Audio (Brooklyn, NY)
- Cedar House Audio Productions, LLC (Seattle, WA)
- CityVox (New York, NY)
- Deyan Audio Services (Tarzana, CA)
- Elephant Audiobooks (Arlington, MA)
- Findaway Voices (Solon, OH)
- Jarpa Studio (Mexico City, Mexico)
- John Marshall Media (New York, NY)
- Ladbroke Audio (London, U.K.)
- ListenUp Audio (Atlanta, GA)
- Lyric Audiobooks (Harrisonburg, VA)
- Mosaic Audio (Van Nuys, CA)
- One Night Stand Studios (Los Angeles, CA)
- Outloud Audio (Burbank, CA)
- Spoken Realms (Easthampton, MA)
- Tim Bader Audio (Ardmore, PA)
- The TreeCave (Rumford, RI)
- Verity Productions (San Marcos, CA)
Just started publishing audiobooks?
Join to meet audiobook producers, narrators and suppliers who can help you with your business.
Need tips for marketing?
Join to take advantage of conference discounts, webinars and member-only marketing opportunities.
Want information about what’s happening in the audiobook market?
Join to receive our consumer and sales surveys at no additional cost.
Have a great title that you think is award-worthy?
Get significant discounts when submitting to The Audies and buying tickets to the gala.