The Professional Ear - Virtual
Watch and listen to narrators from Rookie to Veteran elevating a script as they are directed by top industry producer/directors. Learn studio etiquette and how to make those adjustments under the pressure of working away from the comfort of your home studio with a director listening to your every word. Each performance will be followed by a discussion of what works, what doesn’t, and, well, it’s all a matter of opinion anyway...isn’t it?
The Professional Ear Narrator Participation Guidelines:
- All participants must be current members of the APA.
- Each event will include three narrators - two invited by the APA Professional Ear Subcommittee and one narrator selected by the committee through an application process (with an emphasis on new narrators who have recorded fewer than 50 books).
- Three producers will be invited by the APA Professional Ear Subcommittee.
- Each narrator will prepare one piece of their choice (either public domain or with written permission from the copyright owner).
- Each narrator will prepare one piece of the subcommittee's choice provided one day in advance (either public domain or with written permission from copyright owner).
Want to participate? APA members please log in to the APA website, click Resources, then Additional Resources to find the online application.