WHO MAY ENTER?
Publishing companies, licensees/distributors, authors, and rights-holding producers of audiobooks available for sale for the first time in the United States during the period from November 1, 2019, to October 31, 2020. If you are NOT a rights-holder you must get written permission from a rights-holder to submit (non-rights holders will be asked to upload proof of permission with entry).
Qualifying audiobooks contain at least 51 percent spoken-word content and are available for sale in the U.S. as CDs and/or in digital format. An audiobook need not be based on a printed book.
APA Members – $110.
Non-Members – $210.
Most payments will be processed by credit card. If you need to pay by check, you may select that option at checkout. You will then have access to an invoice that we ask you to print and send in with your payment. Your title will not be considered for judging until payment is received.
Deadline #1 -- July 16, 2020
includes all titles first available for sale in the US from November 1, 2019, through August 31, 2020.
All submissions of titles first available for sale in the US between November 1, 2019, and August 31, 2020, must be received no later than July 16, 2020. Titles from this period entered after July 16 may be ineligible to compete AND are subject to a $50 late fee per entry.
Deadline #2 -- October 1, 2020
includes all titles first available for sale in the US from September 1, 2020, through October 31, 2020.
The deadline to enter titles first available for sale in the US between September 1, 2020, and October 31, 2020, is October 1, 2020. Titles from this period entered after October 1 may be ineligible to compete AND are subject to a $50 late fee per entry.
HOW TO ENTER
Digital Submission The majority of submissions for the 2021 Audie Awards® Competition will be managed digitally with continued appreciation to Audible.com. Publishers whose titles are not on Audible may submit audiobooks in either the CD format, on a USB drive, or via a file share link.
How to Submit Visit this site and enter your title’s information. After all of your titles are entered, you will be able to review and check your entry information before you complete your submission.
Be sure to check these two things very carefully:
(1) that your Audible.com link takes us to your title
(2) that you have chosen the appropriate category for your title
If your title is not available on Audible at the time of your submission, don’t worry -- just be sure to indicate the expected release date (date title will be available for sale in the US) on your entry form.
Payment Most payments will be processed by credit card. If you need to pay by check, you may select that option at checkout. You will then have access to an invoice that we ask you to print and send in with your payment. Your title will not be considered for judging until payment is received.
What if my title is NOT available on Audible.com? If you are submitting a title that is not available on Audible.com, please submit your titles as CDs, USB drives, or via a file share link, regardless of the category.
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
1. Release Date: All entries into the 2021 Audie Awards competition must carry a release date between November 1, 2019 and October 31, 2020. “Release date” is defined as the date the title was first made available for sale to the public in the United States. Titles reissued in a new format are not eligible, unless the “first release date” is within the qualifying period. Collections of previously released materials are eligible if the “first release date” of the new collection is within the qualifying period. Publishing companies may be asked to submit documentation supporting the release dates of their nominated titles. The release date must be submitted on the online form.
2. Rights: Entries must be submitted by the rights-holder, whether that be the publisher, a licensee/distributor, or the producer. The same title may not be submitted by more than one company.
3. Category Limits: There are three types of Audies category: General, Narration, and Audiobook of the Year. A title may be submitted only once into each type.
4. Submission Limits: A publisher or rights-holder may only submit 4 titles per category per APA membership (or per entity for non-members). Note: Category 1 Member Publishers may submit 5 titles per category per APA membership.
5. Entry Review: Entries will be screened for eligibility including release date. It is the responsibility of the submitter to determine and select the appropriate category. However, the committee reserves the right to move the entries to appropriate categories or dismiss inappropriate submissions. In the event a submission is disqualified the entry fee will be returned to the publishing company.
6. Finalists: Up to five (or six in case of a tie) finalists will be selected for each category from all submissions and announced in February 2021.
7. Winners: Winners will be announced and awards will be distributed to a representative of the publishing company that submits the title during the Audies Gala, planned for March 22, 2021, in New York City.
8. Category Cancellation: At least six entries must be submitted in a category or the category may be cancelled or combined. If a category is cancelled, entry fees will be refunded, or entries will be reassigned to other categories with permission of the publishers.
CD AND USB DRIVE SUBMISSION PROCESS
To be used only if you are submitting a title that is not available on Audible.com. All submissions become the property of the Audio Publishers Association and will not be returned to you.
Select “CD” or “USB” as the submission format when completing the entry form.
WHAT TO SEND
Submit ten (10) copies of each title for the initial category entered. If you are entering the same title in another category, submit eight (8) additional copies. Example: If you enter the same title in Fantasy and Narration by Author, a total of eighteen (18) copies will be needed.
WHERE TO SEND THEM
CD and USB drive entries should be shipped via a trackable service to: The Audio Publishers Association Audie Awards 333 Hudson Street Suite 503, New York, NY 10013.