AUTHORS AND NARRATORS “GET CAUGHT LISTENING” FOR JUNE IS AUDIOBOOK MONTH 2012!
A Letter to our Author/Narrator Advocates
Every June, the APA carries out a campaign to enhance visibility, awareness and popularity for audiobooks by directly reaching out to consumers. In 2011, over 75 authors and narrators teamed up with publishers to reach approximately 7.5 million people through all forms of social media (adding to the nearly 4 million reached in 2010!)
As a participant in our June Is Audiobook Month initiative, we ask that you speak out to your fans in whatever way you’d like – from a quick tweet to a blog to a weekly audiobook mention, the level of participation is up to you!
Our campaign lasts for the duration of June, focusing on June 1 as the major kick-off date. We ask everyone to make an effort to “speak” (type, text, etc.) about audio on June 1 to create a huge, coordinated impact across the country, followed by any other efforts you choose during the rest of the month.
However you reach your fan base—specifically social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, newsletters, or other websites. If you are tweeting, please use hashtag #JIAM2012 so we can track comments.
CAN I DO IT WRONG?
We don’t think so. Any audio mention is a good mention, however you get the word out.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Tweet, add a Facebook update, make a blog entry or newsletter update about audiobooks – here are some ideas to get you started:
- Recall a favorite listening experience, whether it’s from your own work or that of another author
- Describe the impact of the recording process on your own work (does it influence your writing?)
- Recommend an audiobook – or genre – you enjoy the most
- Let us know who your favorite narrators are
- Tell fans where you listen to audiobooks (car, desk, gym, etc.)
- If you’ve narrated your own work, describe what that experience was like
- Name narrators of your work who have particularly entertained you (on- or off-microphone!)
- APA encourages the use of #JIAM2012 for June Is Audiobook Month-specific “tweets”. "Tweet" about audio all year long using#GCL2012
- Post a photo of you enjoying an audiobook, or sharing a laugh with a narrator
- Post a sound clip – from your newest audiobook, or a clip of you talking about audiobooks you like
- Post a clip, photo, thought on Audiobookcommunity.com – the gathering place for audiobook fans
- Post the “June Is Audiobook Month” logo to your website
- Run a contest during June with your audiobooks as prizes
- If you have media appearances lined up, don’t be shy to mention your audiobooks!
So go wild about audiobooks – you’ll be surprised by the great response you get from your fans!
for your contribution to make the
2012 June Is Audiobook Month Campaign
the biggest one yet!
The Audio Publishers Association